The name Jean Henri Lhuillier (JHL) has always been a force to reckon with in the world of business. Having achieved tremendous success in business through assistances that uplift the lives of Filipinos, Jean Henri has also become a strong propounder of corporate social value and responsibility. In Today’s Top Five, we give you the achievements of JHL which has made him an immensely respected figure, not just in the world of business, but also in the world of sports!
1. As the President and CEO of the PJ Lhuillier Group of Companies, the parent company of Cebuana Lhuillier, Jean Henri has steered the company towards becoming the Philippines’ leading and largest micro financial services provider specializing in pawning, remittance, microinsurance, and micro savings.
2. He is the President of the Amateur Softball Association of the Philippines (ASAPHIL) and was the man behind the exploits of the RP Blu Girls and Blu Boys in recent years. Sports promotion has been one of Jean Henri’s key approaches as a means of giving back to society.
3. He is the Founder and President of the Unified Tennis Philippines (UTP) which runs numerous age group and professional tennis tournaments every year. Lhuillier was also the team manager for the RP Davis Cup teams for several years and was the man behind bringing top tennis players in the country through the International Premiere Tennis League as part owner and team manager of the Philippine Mavericks.
4. He also used to support basketball thru the Cebuana Gems and even spearheaded national teams in the Southeast Asian Games.
5. Jean Henri is now actively supporting Daniel Miranda, a multi-awarded kart racer who has already brought home several awards, including the Philippine Karter of the Year in 2013; Vios Cup overall champion in 2017; and, the TCR Asian Drivers’ Champion in 2019. More recently, Miranda has brought his A game in Drifting, the sport of driving a car by sliding it and smoking its tires through a set course. In supporting Miranda, Jean Henri, enthused, “I’m so elated and proud of what Daniel has achieved. I’ve never doubted his capabilities. I and Cebuana Lhuillier will continue to support in his pursuit for further greatness.”