Aside from the toll it has taken on human lives and the local economy, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on families can also be seen in the rise in their health expenditure due to many prolonged hospitalizations, tests, and checkups.
Based on the data released by the Insurance Commission, firms under their regulation issued more than P20 billion in COVID-19 claims, and health maintenance organizations were the second largest contributor to COVID-19-related payouts. The World Health Organization also released a report in 2019 that found that a total of 125,082 deaths were recorded in the Philippines due to communicable, maternal, perinatal, and nutritional diseases, which are much higher than the 66,444 deaths caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Despite these high numbers, more than 31 million Filipinos still do not have their own health insurance due to limited options for affordable healthcare insurance, on top of the high cost of purchasing health insurance plans for them and their families.
Cebuana Lhuillier understands how important it is for every Filipino regardless of social status or income level to have access to quality and affordable health care. This is why Cebuana Lhuillier Insurance Brokers, Inc. (CLIB), its insurance brokerage arm, recently launched the new healthcare insurance product- HealthMax.
“If there’s anything that COVID-19 taught us, it’s the importance of having immediate access to quality health care. For Cebuana Lhuillier, true financial inclusion means that every Filipino would have access to the most basic resources and essential services, including quality health care. We are making this possible with the launch of HealthMax, the only comprehensive health care insurance that’s affordable and accessible to everyone. Through HealthMax, Filipinos nationwide now have the assurance that they are covered for any medical needs that may arise,” Cebuana Lhuillier President and CEO Jean Henri Lhuillier said.
So here, we list down the Top Five Advantages of Getting HealthMax:
1. Through HealthMax, Filipinos between the age range of 15-day-old infants to 65 years old can now receive an annual maximum benefit of PHP 150,000 for emergency care and hospitalization for in-patient and out-patient at over 282 accredited hospitals nationwide.
2. It covers viral and bacterial illnesses such as bronchitis, gastritis, gastroenteritis, dengue fever, urinary tract infections (UTI), tuberculosis, rabies, and treatment of injuries resulting from accidents. In addition, HealthMax still offers COVID-19 coverage if hospitalization is needed. It also provides cashless claims and transactions, making it more convenient for everyone.
3. No medical examination is needed. CLIB General Manager and Group Head Anthony Lou Bernabe said: “CLIB’s quality policy is to provide insurance to every Filipino. The launch of HealthMax stays true to this, as the product can be availed of by anyone without the need for any medical examination.”
4. It is available and very affordable for just PHP 8 per day.- By being affordable, HealthMax helps ensure that Filipinos stay protected from the severe effects of many illnesses and diseases, which are more common than most realize.
5. It is very Accessible- CLIB General Manager and Group Head Anthony Lou Bernabe avers: “ HealthMax will pave the way for a better and healthier life for every Filipino as we ensure that the product is not just affordable but also accessible in more than 3,000 Cebuana Lhuillier branches nationwide.”
To know more about HealthMax, you may visit https://www.cebuanalhuillier.com/microinsurance/
Want anything featured on
Today’s Top Five?
Talk to us!